RELEASE DATE: Might 22, 2023
On Might 22, 2023, Eureka shall be releasing Hopping Mad: The Mr Vampire Sequels, a Blu-ray (Area B) assortment that can embrace the sequels to 1985’s Mr. Vampire, a movie that’s thought of one in every of Hong Kong’s hottest and influential blockbuster hits of the Eighties. In actual fact, it spawned 4 sequels, numerous spin-offs and low-cost imitations.
The unique Mr. Vampire is at present out there on the Eureka label, however the upcoming Hopping Mad: The Mr Vampire Sequels assortment will embrace Mr. Vampire 2 (1986), Mr. Vampire 3 (1987), Mr. Vampire 4 (1988) and Vampire Vs Vampire (1989) unfold out on 2 discs.
After the large success of Mr Vampire, Hong Kong audiences have been determined for extra vampire-hopping motion and the movies’ producers have been very happy to oblige. A gradual stream of jiangshi content material was produced over the next years, and introduced listed below are 4 of those traditional titles from gorgeous new restorations.
In Mr Vampire II (aka Vampire Household) an archaeologist and his college students unwittingly let out a household of hopping vampires who wreak havoc in Eighties Hong Kong. Mr Vampire III returns to a interval setting and sees Lam Ching-ying’s Taoist priest battle an evil witch (an excellent efficiency by veteran actress Pauline Yuk-Wan Wong). Mr Vampire IV (aka Uncle Vampire) two feuding neighbours (a Taoist priest and a Buddhist monk) should be part of forces when their village is overrun by vampires. And eventually in Vampire vs Vampire, Lam Ching-ying’s Taoist priest finds his jiangshi-fighting data is of little assist when he goes up towards a European vampire.
That includes a bevy of Hong Kong legends, this assortment brings collectively 4 beloved movies in definitive displays in a really particular version.
Collectively, the official collection is directed by Ricky Lau (Encounters of the Spooky Form II) and stars Lam Ching-Ying (who can also be accountable for directing Vampire vs Vampire), Yuen Biao (Circus Youngsters), Chung Fats (Millionaires Specific), Moon Lee (Killer Angels), Richard Ng (License to Steal), Pauline Wong (Tragic Hero), Anthony Chan (Coronary heart of the Dragon), Wu Ma (Seven Warriors), Chin Kar Lok (Mission A), Rachel Lee (Pom Pom and Sizzling Sizzling), Yuen Wah (Kickboxer) and a short look by Sammo Hung (The Useless and the Lethal).
- Restricted Version O-Card slipcase that includes new paintings by Darren Wheeling [2000 copies]
- Mr Vampire II and Mr Vampire III introduced in 1080p HD from model new 2K restorations
- Mr Vampire IV and Vampire vs Vampire introduced in 1080p HD from model new HD restorations
- Cantonese and English audio choices on all movies
- Optionally available English Subtitles for all movies, newly translated for this launch
- Model new function size audio commentaries on Mr Vampire II and Vampire vs Vampire by Asian movie skilled Frank Djeng (NY Asian Movie Competition)
- Model new function size audio commentaries on Mr Vampire III and Mr Vampire IV by motion cinema consultants Mike Leeder & Arne Venema
- Model new video piece on the historical past and resurgent reputation of the jiangshi style
- Reversible sleeve that includes authentic poster artwork
- A Restricted Version collector’s booklet that includes new writing on the movies and the Jiangshi style by James Oliver [2000 copies]
These titles shall be out there at The Goodie Emporium, a U.S.-based on-line retailer that at present has many Import Shaw Brothers/Golden Harvest/martial arts DVD/Blu-ray films in-stock – with New titles being added commonly!
Watch Eureka’s Trailer for Hopping Mad: The Mr Vampire Sequels beneath: